The recently launched MOMENTA project is opening a call for application for journalists, bloggers, and other media content creators interested in migration topics. If you are from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Russia and fluent in English, you are encouraged to apply for a migration training facilitated by ICMPD and world-renowned media and migration experts! The extended deadline for application is 28 July 2019.
The training on legal, labour and other migration issues will be organised in the period from September to November 2019. All costs for participation in the training will be borne by the organisers. Eligible candidates must be available for the training cycle and the final conference in the specified period from September to December 2019 (exact dates to be communicated).
The following people are eligible to apply:
- Junior or established (freelance) journalists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Russia
- Bloggers, radio or TV journalists, podcasters, other media creators
- Recent graduates of journalism or media studies in need of a training on migration issues
Application and selection procedure:
- Potential consultations with shortlisted candidates: 15 July – 15 August 2019
- Notifications of acceptance: until the end of August 2019
- Training: September to November 2019 (exact dates TBC)
- Conference: December 2019 (exact dates TBC)
For further details such as eligibility criteria and the application procedure, please check the application document.