The Prague Process panel discussion: ‘Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and its implications for migration in the Prague Process Region' is taking place on 25 May 2023 at 10:30-12:30 CET.
Since Russia’s full-fledged invasion of Ukraine, over 13 million people have been displaced internally and internationally, with over 5 million registered for temporary protection across the EU. The war, solidified by political repressions, also sparked considerable outward migration from Russia. Moreover, the war has affected the social, economic, security, political and demographic realities across the entire region and will define the way forward in the years to come.
This Panel Discussion will dwell on the far-reaching implications of the war on migration across the Prague Process region. Dr Franck Düvell will provide an update on the post-war migration scenarios, return prospects and their drivers, developed at the onset of the invasion. Mr Martin Wagner will review the legal situation of Ukrainian nationals residing under the Temporary Protection in the EU and outline the possible TP exit strategies after March 2025. Mr Volodymyr Panchenko will look into the evolving situation of Ukrainian IDPs. Meanwhile, Professor Jeff Sahadeo will discuss the ramifications of the invasion for other parts of the region, particularly the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Franck Düvell (Senior Researcher, Osnabruck University)
- Martin Wagner (ICMPD Senior Policy Advisor)
- Volodymyr Panchenko (Doctor of Economics and Partner at KSP Strategies)
- Jeff Sahadeo (Professor at the Institute of European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, Carleton University, Canada)
Please register to the event through the link: https://bit.ly/3W50hU4 . You will receive the link to the virtual room, as soon as your registration is approved.
The policy talk will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation into Russian.The event will be carried out via Zoom and can be accessed directly through your browser, following the link received. Should you not have received the confirmation email with the link, please do the following:
- On 25 May, go to the event registration page, fill out the form indicating your email address and submit the data.
- Scroll down the page until you see the link at the bottom. By following this link, you will be able to join the event.
The discussion of the panelists will be followed by a Q&A session. Kindly submit your questions (in English and Russian) during the event through the chat.