The Mobility Partnership opens up new perspectives for potential cooperation between the signatory EU Member States and the Republic of Belarus. It brings an opportunity to develop a comprehensive migration policy, and to ensure the safe movement of migrants and their social and legal protection. The full potential of the Mobility Partnership is yet to be mobilized. It could provide incentives to improve labour migration legislation, further expand educational programs, pave the way to visa liberalisation or see the launch of new projects on migration.
The new policy brief "The EU-Belarus Mobility Partnership: The Way Forward" authored by Anastacia Bobrova analyses the implementation of the individual policy areas addressed by the Mobility Partnership and outlines a set of corresponding recommendations.
To preview and download the brief please use this link.
Moreover, our Repository
- Analytical Report by Irina Molodikova 'Combating irregular migration and human trafficking in the CIS countries'
- Analytical Report by Natalia Husieva et al. 'Internal Displacement in Ukraine: Mapping the Flows and Challenges'
- Background Note by Olga Gulina 'Asylum seekers from the Eastern Partnership and Central Asian Countries in the EU'
- Policy brief by Glen Hodgson "Migration and the Platform Economy"
- Policy brief by Stefan Vogtenhuber "Labour migration from East to West: The example of foreign workers in Austria"
- Policy brief by Haykanush Chobanyan "Armenia's migration cooperation with the European Union and Eurasian Economic Union"
- Policy brief by Rainer Muenz "How will migration to Europe look in the Future? Trends, open questions and four plausible scenarios"
- Policy brief by Ruslan Minich and Pavlo Kravchuk "The Impact of COVID-19 on Ukrainian Labour Migrants in Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Italy"
- Policy brief by Glen Hodgson "Intra-corporate Transferees (ICTs): The benefits for the EU and the opportunity cost"
- Policy brief by Kristof Tamas "Making the EU’s Migration and Development Policies More Coherent"
- Policy brief by Andriy Orlean "Countering Human Trafficking: Identifying, Returning and Assisting Victims from Ukraine"
- Policy brief by Olga Gulina "Russian nationals looking for refuge in the European Union"
- Policy brief by Dmitry Poletaev "Russia’s Migration Policies after the dissolution of the Federal Migration Service"
- Policy Brief by Yan Matusevich "The EU Central Asia Strategy and Its Impact on Migration"
- Policy brief by Kristof Tamas "Assessing the EU's External Migration Policy"
- Training Manual "How to be a good trainer?"
- Policy Brief by Nermin Oruc and Danica Santic "Highly-skilled Return Migrants to the Western Balkans: Should we count (on) them?"
- Analytical Report by Yelena Sadovskaya "China's "Belt and Road" Initiative and Its Impact on Migration Flows and Policies in Central Asia"
- Policy Brief by Petros Aghababyan "Closing the policy gaps concerning an eventual mass influx of asylum seekers to Armenia"
- Policy Brief by Yan Matusevich "Evaluating the Future of Uzbek Labour Migration"
- Analytical Report by Ivanka Heinzl "Report on the National Action Plan to Fight Trafficking in Human Beings of the Republic of Azerbaijan"
- Policy Brief by Haykanush Chobanyan "Assessing Armenia’s Migration Strategy for 2017-2021"
- Policy Brief by Natia Mestvirishvili "Circular Migration Schemes in Georgia"
- Policy Brief by Katerina Ivashchenko-Stadnik "Ukraine: First visa-free year since introducing the visa-free regime"