This book is a collection of the publications produced within the Prague Process Migration Observatory in 2018. The ambition of these publications - policy briefs and analytical reports - is to inform migration decision-makers, migration specialists, scientists and academics, as well as the interested public about ongoing migration policy aspects in selected countries or regions of the Prague Process. The authors, representing the state services, academic sphere and other specialists, aim at raising awareness concerning migration issues and challenges that are not necessarily part of the European Union´s mainstream, but nevertheless strongly resonate in the geopolitical area concerned, having a potential to influence the lives of individuals and societies. The curious reader may perceive these realities as close or more distant and consider their potential impact on his own life and home country. The professional reader can build upon the lessons learned and develop scenarios in terms of preventive planning or reactive actions.
- Haykanush Chobanyan | Assessing Armenia’s Migration Strategy for 2017-2021
- Petros Aghababyan | Closing the policy gaps concerning an eventual mass influx of asylum seekers to Armenia
- Ivanka Hainzl | Building Comprehensive National Responses to Trafficking in Human Beings: The Experience of Azerbaijan
- Yelena Sadovskaya |China’s “Belt and Road” Initiative and Its Impact on Migration Flows and Policies in Central Asia
- Natia Mestvirishvili | Circular Migration Schemes in Georgia: Lessons Learned and Ways Forward
- Dmitry Poletaev | Addressing the Challenges of Labour Migration within the Eurasian Economic Union
- Katerina Ivashchenko-Stadnik | Ukraine: One year of EU visa-free regime
- Yan Matusevich | Evaluating the Future of Uzbek Labour Migration
- Nermin Oruc, Danica Santic | Highly-Skilled Return Migrants to the Western Balkans: Should we count (on) them?
This publication was produced in the framework of the ‘Prague Process: Dialogue, Analyses and Training in Action’ initiative, a component of the Mobility Partnership Facility II project, funded by the European Union and implemented by ICMPD.
Authors: Haykanush Chobanyan, Petros Aghabanyan, Ivanka Hainzl, Yelena
Sadovskaya, Natia Mestvirishvili, Dmitry Poletaev, Katerina Ivashchenko-Stadnik, Yan Matusevich, Nermin Oruc, Danica Santic
Editors: Alexander Maleev, Irina Lysak, Radim Zak